Saturday, October 10, 2009

From the Lips of Angels...

Some people say that when a song makes you feel like its written about you,  it is good writing.  I disagree.  Recently every song is written about me, and the songs haven't changed at all. Ben Harper's here Comes the Sun nearly brings me to tears and Breathe by Taylor Swift nearly made me swerve into a freeway divider.  I think the beauty in music isn't its ability to speak to everyone, it is its ability to put those feelings (those horrible achy, empty feelings that most people don't understand) into words.  The listener makes the music, not the other way around.  You can have the most beautifully written song with the most descriptive lyrics and perfectly balanced harmonies, but if you are describing an experience that no one else can have, its just noise.  I realize I am in an emotionally ridiculous time right now, and this makes me especially biased and sensitive to all things mushy and disgusting, but doesn't that mean that I especially need that comfort in my life? I say when a song makes you feel like it is written about you, you are feeling something that you should pay attention to.  Anyway, enough with the drama, moving on.
 
I bought grown up stationary today.  Now to figure out how to write a letter...

My job still sucks, and I still hate it.  I'm considering getting a silly retail job for my nights and weekends so that I can be saving more.

First full day without Jordan, still expecting my texts to be from him, then I remember...

Can't sleep. Maybe I'll have pharmaceutical help tonight.

and with that, I'm off to try again...good night Blog-land.

1 comments:

Jessica-LEE said...

same. here.. the texting thing anyways..