Mostly because I have been so dang busy doing NOTHING...Mostly because I have been feeling silly and just so small and dumb recently. So in order to remember who I am and all the things I have learned in this life I have compiled a list of what being on Earth has meant to me.
20 Truths I have learned:
- God is perfect, and as such he will be perfectly just and perfectly dole out to me what I deserve
- I will never fully understand WHY things happen
- But I am in total control of HOW I react to them
- Time is definitely a man-made thing, not an eternal thing
- I will always have at least one friend at any given time who will be what I need at that time
- Miracles happen all the time
- That I am capable of more than what I can see right in front of my face
- No matter how ugly this patch is, the whole picture will end up beautiful
- I am so totally NOT in control of anything
- If I pay my tithing, I will never want for anything materially (not REALLY)
- As compared to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ I am a dumb dumby McDumberson from Dumb-Ville so I should just listen to them already.
- Sometimes, love for someone else is what keeps you going when nothing else can get you out of bed
- Sometimes, happiness is a warm puppy
- People are different...and if I want to stay a part of society, I should try to love them anyway...or at least stay away from them so I don't spew hate all over the place and everyone around me who may actually stand a chance at loving them.
- Every experience, good or bad, has the ability to make me a better person or a worse person and it is up to me choose which.
- The scriptures really DO have an answer for everything
- The temple is absolutely a sacred place
- Mental and emotional strength are just like any other muscle...in order to become stronger you have to exercise them and push them beyond what you think their limits are...often.
- "Stressed out" and "Overwhelmed" are states of mind, not states of being.
- I am 23. My life isn't over yet, and really it wont ever be so I should stop counting down.